News – An overview of recent activites by the SafeLMD consortium
SafeLMD on the EUROBIKE 2022 in Frankfurt (13.07-17.07)
In occasion of the EUROBIKE 2022, one of the most relevant European event for the bike sector, SAFE-LMD was invited to held its first public presentation in the framework of the „ECLF Cargo Bike Rider Training Scheme“, organised by ECLF. The presentation and discussion took place in presence of a closed expert workshop setting on Friday the 15th of July in Frankfurt, and was held by BGZ, Leader of the international consortium composed by ECF, ECQA, University of Zagreb and Exelia.
Over 25 participants and experts from the bike Logistics, global distribution companies and bike industries engaged in a fruitful and timely discussion tackling:
- current needs and trends in the LMD sector, with a focus on skills for professional and highly professional riders, versus non-professional and informal riders,
- potentials and challenges to design a EU-wide certified training whose structure and contents are modular, and able to incorporate modules/units for basic and advanced certification,
- requirements and challenges in delivering online-digital modules, current challenges of 1-to-1 practice training modules and certification modes,
- re-definition and diversification of target audiences/beneficiaries,
- timing for the delivery and testing a training to be implemented not at national levels, but at the EU Level, mechanism to ensure transfer minimum requirements from national to EU-wide level.
You can see here some impressions of the EUROBIKE 2022
SafeLMD General Newsletter: Partners meet in Brussels (November 2022)
On 3 November 2022, project partners met at ECF’s office in Brussels for the Transnational Project Meeting. You can find the full newsletter here General Newsletter December 2022
Stakeholder interview with Theodore Boermans, Urbike
Read here what Theodore Boermans from Urbike thinks about road safety Stakeholder interview with Theodore Boermans
Stakeholder interview with Martin Schmidt, Cycle Logistics Berlin
Why do we need more public recognition for the image of bicycle couriers and at what point does it actually make sense to make a delivery by bicycle for the last mile? Martin Schmidt from Cycle Logistics in Berlin tells you all this and more in our stakeholder interview_english
SafeLMD Transnational Meeting in Athens (25-26 April 2023)
SafeLMD General Newsletter (June 2023)
SafeLMD publishes a revised competency matrix and a first draft of a curriculum learning plan structure in a brand new design. Read more in the General Newsletter June 2023
BGZ meets with Senate (February 2024)
On February 1, 2024, an important meeting took place between the BGZ and the team of the Coordination Office for Cycling and Pedestrian Traffic (KRF), from the Senate Department for Mobility, Transport, Climate Protection and the Environment (SenMVKU), specifically the one within the SAFE LMD project. The meeting, which focused on safety in traffic, particularly with regard to Vision Zero, as well as the reduction of CO2 emissions in commercial transport, demonstrated the importance of the project for Berlin and provided important impetus for the continuation of the project.
Specific points of contact between the SenMVKU and the SafeLMD project were discussed to ensure effective cooperation:
1. connection with the road safety program: It was discussed how the SafeLMD project’s competence framework, curriculum and online course could be integrated into the road safety program’s concept as an example of implementation.
2. road safety charter: The possibility of a presentation of the SafeLMD project at one of the next meetings of the charter was discussed, as well as the additional presentation on the SenMVKU website and references to events.
3. anchoring/disseminating the content in Berlin: The implementation of training courses by partners of the Charter in Berlin was discussed, possibly with financial support from SenMVKU funds and a possible adaptation of the content to the Berlin context.
4. presentation of the project in the Bicycle Committee: The possibility of a joint appearance or a joint event at the VELO was discussed.
5. mentioning/linking the project on the SenMVKU website: The possibility of mentioning and linking the SafeLMD project on the SenMVKU website was also considered in order to increase the visibility of the project.
This meeting marked an important step in the collaboration between BGZ and SenMVKU to improve traffic safety and reduce CO2 emissions. It underlines the commitment of both parties to sustainable and safe mobility in Berlin.